When packing for New York you are obviously going to bring all of the essentials; your camera, cute outfits and weather appropriate clothing. But when you are out sightseeing, you are not going to want to let an uncharged phone or blister slow you down. So I rounded up 6 essential items you’ll want to pack for your trip.
1. Selfie Stick – When you are on Top of the Rock, in Times Square or Rockerfeller Center what better way to make sure you can fit all your friends and the incredible backdrop all in the same frame? It’s lightweight and fits perfectly in a purse.
2. Portable Phone Charger – Let’s face it, your phone is your map, travel guide, subway guide, restaurant guide, camera, etc. So it will likely not make it through the entire day with all of your use.
3. Flats – I cannot stress this enough! Everyone says to bring comfortable shoes, but you need really comfy ones that don’t rub your feet for all of the walking you will be doing.
4. Another Pair of Flats – Yes this needs it’s own line item! I tell everyone who visits me that you need two different types of flats. Your first comfortable pair may start to rub, so you’ll want a different comfy pair that hits your feet in a different way.
5. A Great Clutch – It is the Fashion Capital of the World right? So when you throw on a pair of pumps and hit the town for dinner, you’ll want a great clutch to wear out.
6. A Crossbody Bag – I love crossbody bags (see ones I wore here and here) especially for travel to have your hands free.